Submit Your Ideas Here

If you have an idea for how we can improve Music Teacher’s Helper, please submit it below. If you find a similar idea to yours, you can vote for it instead, or add a comment. You have up to 10 votes you can use to show us which ideas are most important to you. Use this forum for both feature requests and bug reports. However, urgent bug reports should be submitted directly to our support team.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto-populate last week's notes as reminder

If you could offer a button to opt in on auto-populate this week's lesson with last week's lesson (so you have a reference) it would be SUPER helpful! As it is, before every lesson I go in, copy and paste last week's lesson in to remind me of what I assigned, add to it, etc.. With thirty students, this time adds up! So an auto-populate option would be a dream come true! Thanks for considering it!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Admin →
    • Sync 9 months into the future instead of 6

I rely on the sync feature so much, and this is difficult. I rely on the sync when making my calendar for the school year. I plan out more than 9 months and need to be able to resolve schedule conflicts. Syncing 9 months into the future covers the school year.

12 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Have a spot to enter the child student's age and gender

Under "Student Information" "Miscellaneous Information" there is no
        spot for the child's age. If we enter the Child's birthday, it should be
        calculated (and updated) automatically in a box labeled "Age"
        Under "Student Information" there is no place to mark if the child is
        a boy or a girl. You can't always tell by the name. These days you
        probably need a third box you can check marked "other" and a comment box to go with it so you can write notes like boy, but wants to be called a
        girl.

4 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Create more modern templates

It's 2016 now, and the templates are looking very dated. I note they were last updated in 2013. Fixed width templates with small fonts look very dated and are not at all mobile friendly.

Is it possible to have some new templates that reflect the times? Responsive layouts, with social media widgets, larger default fonts, hero images etc?

24 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Make entire description box show on calendar without having to edit (as it was before changes)

In the past One could view the entire description box but hurry over clicking on the lesson. Currently you have to click edit to see everything you have written. Please repair it so it works as it did before. Thank you.

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Include a music note font when writing up the lesson notes

Could you perhaps look into including an option to use a music note font when writing up the lesson notes, so teachers can explain which rhythms they'd like students to work on - it would be much better than "semiquaver/quaver/semiquaver", which is what I had to write yesterday!

4 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • manual overdue invoice

Automatic overdue invoicing is a nice option. It can also result in unnecessary or incorrect emails being sent to students. For example, if I am a day late entering a payment from a parent, they will get an automatic overdue notice. Being able to send overdue invoice notices manually would be a welcome feature.

2 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  planned  ·  RonnieRonnie responded

Good news, Lauren! We’re planning on adding a manual overdue invoice feature to Music Teacher’s Helper very soon. Thanks for letting us know what’s important to you.

• Send a walk through video to new students automatically showing them the basics

I would like MTH to automatically email and sms text a video to new students showing them how to log in and set up payment options as well as explain all of the features that are available to them so I don't have to explain it to them myself. Then I won't have waist valuable class time talking about that instead of teaching.

6 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Joe. We are working on new videos for our members and students. Because of the new design of MTH being released along with new features, we will be putting most of the videos together for the new MTH.

I have used MTH for over 10 years and had over 40 students. They all understood how to use MTH with no problems, as the student side is not complex as the teacher site. I do recommend that you create yourself as a student so you can log in and look at what students and parents see.

• Allow for a 5% discount for prompt payment (within 15 days)

I like to encourage students to pay on time by offering a 5% discount for prompt payment by check or cash. Currently I then have to "issue a credit" for the remainder shown owing on their invoice, and also calculate the 5% myself to check they are right.

3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! This is a popular request and we are planning it in a future release, as early as later this year.

• Lesson notes

Add a box on home page called NOTES next to STUDENTS, HOME, BILLING, etc. Under NOTES be able to quickly pull up any student to type info you want to record on lesson progress--it would be nice to see a whole page and not a little box with all notes from the year and previous years. The current notes option takes too long to find and I don't like scrolling through a small box. You could also use the NOTES feature to record info on books you wish to look into, teachers' phone numbers, schools with certain music focus, etc--all…

5 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. The new 2.0 MTH, to be released later this year, will have most features such as this available from the homepage.

• 3 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! We’re planning on adding the ability to issue make-up lesson credits when reconciling lessons in the app to Music Teacher’s Helper. Thanks for letting us know what’s important to you.

• Add "customize invoice" to the knowledge base.

I was trying to add my banking details to the invoice template. After searching for "customize invoice" the knowledge base for nearly an hour I finally gave up and sent an email to the MTH support team. The response came back within about 12 hours (thank you!), but the ticket could have been avoided if the search criteria pointed to that article.

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Lauren. I love your suggestion, and I have sent it to our team to implement. We will be putting this together in the next few months, if not sooner. Thanks again for the insight.

• Offline version of the phone app would be great.

Offline version of the phone app would be great. And we would be able to sync the data once we get cell phone coverage or wifi. Some of the schools I go into are like a bank vault and have no service at all. I am trying to enter notes or payment information and the app doesn't work. If we had an offline version it would be a great help.

3 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi Jason. Yes, I can understand how the offline version of the app would be invaluable.

We do plan on adding this feature to the app to work offline and sync when service is available after we completed adding all of the features to the app.

• Eliminate by-the-minute scheduling

I know of NO teachers that would reasonably schedule students at, say, 4:13pm....

Having 60 options for the minute in the drop-down menu is extremely cumbersome.

I'm sure most teachers would be perfectly happy with 00,15, 30, 45 as options, but evening narrowing it down to every 5 minutes would be much more streamlined.

8 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Some teachers do schedule lessons or events at exact times, but we’re we’ll be releasing a new time entry method soon that will accommodate all teachers well. Thanks for your feedback!

• Create Events in Calendar Recurring Indefinitely

Let's say I have a new student who has a lesson on Saturdays at 1pm. I create it as a recurring event, and it should theoretically continue indefinitely (until they graduate, quit, or have to change lesson times -- at which time I can just "delete all following"). But instead I have to post some sort of random end date. I know I can just put like 5 years in the future, but it seems unprofessional.

Can we just create the event to recur indefinitely?

7 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

We will be adding this feature for recurring events in the 2.0 MTH to be released later this year.

• Somewhere to Record Lesson Plans

There are many similar ideas saying we want a free text box in which to write plans for next time, ask get decided saying you might do it "in the future". It's another year on, I'm suggesting it again! I currently use the "private notes" box to write, while it's fresh in my mind, what I intend to cover with that student next time, so I don't have to remember it based on the previous lesson notes. It would be better to have another box so I can use private notes for the intended purpose, plus pull up a daily…

10 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Peter, we are still considering a To Do List and a place for teachers to make notes in the next version of MTH later this year. For now, you can put lesson notes for future lessons in a private blog post. Many teachers are doing this. Thanks Peter.

Rose, I love your ideas. :) Keep them coming. So you know, lesson plans and assignments are something we’re working on for the next version, and it will be much more useful than an extra text box. We’re not sharing the details yet, but I’m confident you will love it. :)

• Make-up Lesson only available for credited students

Is there a way to create a make-up lesson open to only those students who are owed a make-up lesson? Right now, if I create an "open make-up" time, anyone from the studio can sign up. But some students are not allowed a make-up. So, if we could choose which students could actually sign up for the lesson, and therefore the open make up slot will not appear for the students who are not owed a lesson, that would be great.

18 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Add an assignment sheet with an assignment history to your program

I recently started using MTH and love it! Prior to signing up for MTH I had purchased the Moosic Studio App for my i Pad. I wasn't happy with most of the features, however the one feature I really like is the assignment sheet. I like the fact that it has a practice log at the top of each sheet, it's much easier to read than my chicken scratch, and it gives me a complete assignment history which makes planning much easier. Are you familiar with the app?

17 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
                                      • have a way to enter repertoire in a students file.

Instead of having to go into the repertoire tracker tab, it would be cool to be able to add repertoire from right within the students file.

5 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Allow different attendance categories

Currently we can choose Reschedule, Missed, Cancelled and Attended. In my opinion missed could mean they just didn't turn up. In my studio the following can happen:
                                          1.) Student attends
                                          2.) Student is a no show at school, or are not at home when I arrive (missed) and I had no notification or warning
                                          3.) Student cancels within my notice period
                                          4.) Teacher cancel the lesson due to sickness/unforeseen circumstance

I am sure other teachers have other similar situations and possibly different ones so it would be great if we could edit the attendance categories to reflect our own studio…

5 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)