Submit Your Ideas Here

If you have an idea for how we can improve Music Teacher’s Helper, please submit it below. If you find a similar idea to yours, you can vote for it instead, or add a comment. You have up to 10 votes you can use to show us which ideas are most important to you. Use this forum for both feature requests and bug reports. However, urgent bug reports should be submitted directly to our support team.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow email notifications for new practice log entries

I would like to be notified anytime a student enters a new practice log. My students really like how I comment on their practice times, answer questions, give encouragement, etc. However unless I remember to manually check every day (which I don't) often times several days will go by after a practice log is entered before I notice it. An email notification of a new practice log entry would be wonderful.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Practice Log  ·  Admin →
    • Make-up Lesson only available for credited students

Is there a way to create a make-up lesson open to only those students who are owed a make-up lesson? Right now, if I create an "open make-up" time, anyone from the studio can sign up. But some students are not allowed a make-up. So, if we could choose which students could actually sign up for the lesson, and therefore the open make up slot will not appear for the students who are not owed a lesson, that would be great.

18 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Somewhere to Record Lesson Plans

There are many similar ideas saying we want a free text box in which to write plans for next time, ask get decided saying you might do it "in the future". It's another year on, I'm suggesting it again! I currently use the "private notes" box to write, while it's fresh in my mind, what I intend to cover with that student next time, so I don't have to remember it based on the previous lesson notes. It would be better to have another box so I can use private notes for the intended purpose, plus pull up a daily…

10 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          planned  ·  RonnieRonnie responded

Peter, we are still considering a To Do List and a place for teachers to make notes in the next version of MTH later this year. For now, you can put lesson notes for future lessons in a private blog post. Many teachers are doing this. Thanks Peter.

Rose, I love your ideas. :) Keep them coming. So you know, lesson plans and assignments are something we’re working on for the next version, and it will be much more useful than an extra text box. We’re not sharing the details yet, but I’m confident you will love it. :)

• Show the last Attended lesson notes in Daily Summary, if last lesson was cancelled

On the Daily Summary report, in the area where it shows Last Lesson Notes, if the last lesson was cancelled, it only shows the student's name and contact info, without notes (obviously).

It would make more sense for the system to skip lessons where students have not attended and instead show the lesson notes for the last lesson that actually attended to, and then in notes just state something like they did not attend on .../.../... date.

This would be far more useful than trawling through the calendar to see when they last showed up.

16 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

In the new version of Music Teacher’s Helper that we’re working on, the daily summary will continue showing the notes from the last lesson, whether it is cancelled or not. But if it is cancelled, then we’ll also look into pulling the lesson notes from the last attended lesson as well. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Mileage linked to lessons

I teach many lessons to students exclusively at their houses (i.e. I never see them anywhere else) and consequently log a lot of mileage that is linked to recurring events. I would like there to be a way to set mileage for a given event (whether or recurring or not) so that if a lesson is added or canceled with a given student, the mileage will automatically be added (or not) in the same way that lesson charges are tracked like this. This would be LOTS more convenient for me than setting up recurring mileage that is separate from all…

24 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Auto-populate last week's notes as reminder

If you could offer a button to opt in on auto-populate this week's lesson with last week's lesson (so you have a reference) it would be SUPER helpful! As it is, before every lesson I go in, copy and paste last week's lesson in to remind me of what I assigned, add to it, etc.. With thirty students, this time adds up! So an auto-populate option would be a dream come true! Thanks for considering it!

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Admin →
              • Allow us to customize the daily summary report

Allow us to customize the Daily Summary Report. I don't teach every day so I would like to turn it off for the days I don't teach. Also, choosing which contact information is on the report would be helpful! Someone mentioned phone numbers but I would also include addresses as I only teach in students homes. Check boxes could solve this.

24 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  5 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →
                • To-do list with reminders

It would be nice to see a feature where I can add a message about a particular student. In the form of a pop up sticky note or something in the system so that on a certain day it pops up to remind me about something I may need to do for them.

58 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
                  • Lesson notes

Add a box on home page called NOTES next to STUDENTS, HOME, BILLING, etc. Under NOTES be able to quickly pull up any student to type info you want to record on lesson progress--it would be nice to see a whole page and not a little box with all notes from the year and previous years. The current notes option takes too long to find and I don't like scrolling through a small box. You could also use the NOTES feature to record info on books you wish to look into, teachers' phone numbers, schools with certain music focus, etc--all…

5 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      planned  ·  RonnieRonnie responded

Thanks for your suggestion. The new 2.0 MTH, to be released later this year, will have most features such as this available from the homepage.

• I would really like to see an export option to save as spreadsheet for the income and reports like it does on the mileage tracker.

The mileage tracker has a option to save as a spreadsheet (Xcel), but the income and reports don't have this option. I would like to see this option available for both reports.

15 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →
                      • Be able to Import from Excel

It would save alot of time if we could import information from an excel spreadsheet. We could enter everything in excel (say for example payments), and with the click of a button, it would all fall into place on MTH rather than pulling up each student individually.

15 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
                        • Sync 9 months into the future instead of 6

I rely on the sync feature so much, and this is difficult. I rely on the sync when making my calendar for the school year. I plan out more than 9 months and need to be able to resolve schedule conflicts. Syncing 9 months into the future covers the school year.

12 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Have a spot to enter the child student's age and gender

Under "Student Information" "Miscellaneous Information" there is no
                            spot for the child's age. If we enter the Child's birthday, it should be
                            calculated (and updated) automatically in a box labeled "Age"
                            Under "Student Information" there is no place to mark if the child is
                            a boy or a girl. You can't always tell by the name. These days you
                            probably need a third box you can check marked "other" and a comment box to go with it so you can write notes like boy, but wants to be called a
                            girl.

4 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Make it so you can see a previous student's notes and edit the current notes at the same place

I use the notes section to write what we did in the lesson and for me to keep track of what I assigned the student for homework. However, I have to get to the previous notes through "Lesson History" and then find the student, and then to edit their current lesson notes I have to go back to the Home page and then find that student's lesson for that day. It'd be great if it was all in one place!

49 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Create photo folders on website to organize photos by event

I would love to be able to create photo folders to organize photos by date/event nstead of having photos appear all on one screen. Would have a folder titled "Christmas Recital 2010" for example, then click on the folder that has an album cover photo to open and see the rest of the photos from that event. This would look more organized and allow for easier navigation of the photo page.

47 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Create more modern templates

It's 2016 now, and the templates are looking very dated. I note they were last updated in 2013. Fixed width templates with small fonts look very dated and are not at all mobile friendly.

Is it possible to have some new templates that reflect the times? Responsive layouts, with social media widgets, larger default fonts, hero images etc?

24 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Registration Fee

I require Registration Fees to be paid upon registering for my studio. This is to 1) reserve the students place in my lists, and 2) make sure they are serious about taking lessons and allows me to begin planning the classes with family schedules.

It would also be nice to allow them to pay this fee immediately upon registering, as well as automatically creating a line item in the invoicing.

It would also be nice to have a checkbox on the Registration page for "I agree to and understand the studio policy [available as a popular window as well as…

21 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Option to sell Library Items

I am wondering if it might be possible to integrate the lending library into a music sales system? Whenever I get any new music books, I would add them to the library. When a student needed to buy one, I would be able to click on sell an item rather than lend an item and it would reduce the stock level of that item by one and automatically charge the student's account with the appropriate amount.
                                      I know you can already do that through the charge a fee but I thought it would be quite nice to be able to…

46 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Add an assignment sheet with an assignment history to your program

I recently started using MTH and love it! Prior to signing up for MTH I had purchased the Moosic Studio App for my i Pad. I wasn't happy with most of the features, however the one feature I really like is the assignment sheet. I like the fact that it has a practice log at the top of each sheet, it's much easier to read than my chicken scratch, and it gives me a complete assignment history which makes planning much easier. Are you familiar with the app?

17 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
                                        • Yearly expense option

Please make it possible to put in yearly recurring expenses. Like for smart music subscription-it is yearly.

14 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)