Submit Your Ideas Here

If you have an idea for how we can improve Music Teacher’s Helper, please submit it below. If you find a similar idea to yours, you can vote for it instead, or add a comment. You have up to 10 votes you can use to show us which ideas are most important to you. Use this forum for both feature requests and bug reports. However, urgent bug reports should be submitted directly to our support team.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show what the previous balance on an invoice is for, instead of just listing a dollar amount.

Please change the invoice format so that the previous balance does not list a dollar amount only, but shows what that previous balance is for. Fees for books or late fees, etc. are added between billing periods and parents have no idea what they're for when they get the new invoice. After every round of invoices goes out, I always get several e-mails asking what the previous balance is for. It would be nice to be spared having to tell families there is a late payment due or a book to reimburse or something else I'd rather have the invoice…

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Good news! We’ve begun development on a new invoicing system that will solve this issue.

In the mean time, if a student wants to see a statement of everything since their last $0 balance, you could generate a statement-like invoice showing all transactions from the date they started until now.

• It would be awesome if "paid" could be applied to invoice once a payment is applied.

I find it a little difficult to keep track of whether a student has paid upon invoice. It would be great if we can see a "paid" sign besides the invoice in "invoice history" once a payment is entered so i can see it right a way.

47 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Don't add waiting list students to the birthday list automatically

MTH is automatically adding waiting list students to the birthday list. Students shouldn't be added until they have become current.

6 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Please make HTML code for registration form page. You already have log in HTML code but not the registration form. Thanks!

Please make HTML code for registration form page. You already have log in HTML code but not the registration form. Thanks!

4 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
          • identify mobile-responsive website themes

I noticed that many, if not all, of the prime themes are not mobile-responsive, while many of the free themes are. It would be good to identify the mobile-responsive ones, and possibly move themes over to mobile-responsive.

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Show transaction description on invoices

I think on the invoices - the option should be available to the teacher to add the 'details' of fees you've added. That way, I won't have to send a seperate email to the parents telling them exactly which books they've been charged for (or fees). At this point, all they see is a charge of $30 for books (or whatever) - then, inevitably, I will get the follow up email of "what books"?

Thanks.
              Marci

18 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! We’ve begun development on some invoicing improvements for Music Teacher’s Helper that will allow you to enter descriptions for each item on the invoice.

Thank you for using Music Teacher’s Helper and for your ideas to help us continually improve for you.

• Consider changing the format of the invoices sent so that fees and credits are listed first, then payments, and then finally the Balance due

The balance due amount is a smaller heading and not as easily seen at the categories for fees and credits, and payments. I believe it would be more clear to students/parents as well as teachers if the format listed fees and credits first, then payments, and finally a balance due heading at the bottom instead of the the word totals. The balance due seems to get lost on the page.

15 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! We’ve begun development of a new version of the Music Teacher’s Helper invoicing system that will show payments only at the bottom of the invoice (if they’ve been applied to that invoice), followed by the Amount Due.

• More flexibility with invoicing

I find the invoicing system doesn't work well for me. I bill per "session" and the fees change every three months. Some parents pay all together, some break it up into monthly fees. It's a pain trying to go into student accounts and change things, and sometimes I can't get a certain month for a certain student to show up in the invoice. I'd love to be able to just enter all the details of the invoice manually including fees, and then be able to do follow up invoices for those who pay monthly.

20 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! We’ve begun development on a new invoicing system that will allow you this kind of flexibility. Thank you for your ideas so we can serve you better. And thank you for using Music Teacher’s Helper!

• Add a tax / non taxable option on each item or package when you set it up. Some states are requiring sales tax on lessons and some are not.

Add a tax / non taxable option on each item or package when you set it up. Some states are requiring sales tax on lessons and some are not.

2 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Allow manual entry of invoice due date

The due date on invoicing is not efficient. For those of us who have specific due dates each month for lesson tuition, it was much easier and less time consuming to assign a date rather than check a calendar and count days up to that point in time.

Please give us the option to manually assign due dates. It leaves much less room for error when trying to quickly and accurately produce multiple invoices.

11 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! You’ll soon be able to customize your invoice due dates with a variety of options, including a specific date. Thanks for voting on t his idea and for using Music Teacher’s Helper!

• 50 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! We’ve begun working on a registration form script that can be embedded on other websites. Thank you for using Music Teacher’s Helper and for sharing your feedback to help us serve you better!

• Allow attachments in the lesson notes

I record in most lessons, export to mp3 or Mpeg Video and email- currently I must use the email portion, and therefore the attachments are not quickly searchable. I've actually started using Gmail to handle this instead, becasue I can search more easily through the old emails. This is important enough to me that if Gmail were to offer some comparable functionality, I'd probably just switch. But I dig you guys at MTH, and want to support this great concept!

I understand the server concern with attatchments- but you are already offering that feature in the email client- seems like…

41 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Please build a package option!! (Punch-card style lesson tracking)

Built in to the description of every lesson is a ratio of lessons attended versus lessons paid for. This ratio would look like 4/5 meaning this lesson is the fourth of five lessons paid for. Invoice by the package and apply reconciled lessons toward them. Allow for the option of charging to a package in the reconcile menus. The ratio would update each week and remind you of students who are 5/5 and need to be invoiced.

61 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Charge for the MTH services per student, rather than by increments of 20 students.

It's hard for me to justify paying for this service for up to 40 students when I only have just over 20. The difference in cost is to much between having a studio of 20 and a studio of 21 students. I would suggest charging a fee of $0.75 per student up to 40 students, then the flat rate of $49 for unlimited students. I know that storage space also comes with these fees, but perhaps those could be left the same: 1GB for up to 20 students, 5GB for up to 40, and 10GB at the unlimited level.

38 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! We’re now working on an improved pricing model for Music Teacher’s Helper to make it more affordable for everyone, and so you won’t have to worry about big price jumps when you bring on new students. We hope to release the new pricing in Fall, 2016. Thank you for your input and support in making MTH great!

• Be able to set start and end dates for flat monthly lesson fees. For example: September to June

When billing lessons by a monthly rate, it would be nice to select a date range from Sept to June for example so that the billing doesn't continue in the summer when most students aren't coming. This would save lots of time from manually adjusting each student's profile just for 2 months then having to reset everything again.

144 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature is now under development! We’re releasing a preliminary version of it along with our updated Rate system, but you’ll see a lot more flexibility when we release our new invoicing system, which is now in the works. The new system will give you more control over which dates your students are billed, and what those bills include, whether you choose to bill manually or automatically. Those who charge by semester will love what’s coming!

• Add a billing option for third-party payment.

I have some students who are receiving lessons via a scholarship. Currently, if I want to invoice the scholarship provider I have to replace the parent information with the scholarship provider's information in order to send the invoice to the paying party. This displaces the parent information for the scholarship recipient for the purpose of emailing, lesson notes, etc... I would like to see a separate option for "Bill to", which could be set to default to "Parent", but have an option for "Other" with a place to enter separate information for the scholarship provider.

18 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! This feature is complete and has already been released to a subset of our members who have expressed interested in beta testing. We’ll be rolling it out to the rest of our members over the next few weeks along with dozens of other big improvements to MTH!

When viewing a student’s profile, you can now go to the Contacts tab and add a billing contact for the student, which is the person who will be invoiced.

Thank you for your input and support! We love making MTH better for you.

• Allow me to schedule a range of time on the calendar where students can select a lesson time in within that block

My student lessons vary in length- either 30, 45 or 60 minutes. I would like a way to have an open period of time, say 1pm to 4pm, and allow students to pick a lesson time that suits their need within that time range. Once a time has been chosen, it will not be available to another student.

74 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news, everyone! We’ve figured out a way to schedule a block of time for student registrations, along with some other neat tools that will make scheduling SO much easier for you and your students, whether at the beginning of the year, or any time in between! We’ll be releasing these all together in an update shortly. Thank you for your great feedback! It helps us serve you better.

• The ability to enter private events without linking any students

Hi there,

I would like to make a suggestion regarding the calendar. It would be great if you could add an event to the calendar without linking it to any students. Today I wanted to add an appointment I have with a prospective student. It's an interview/meeting with someone inquiring about joining the studio and taking lessons. I have another one tomorrow as well. It would be great if I could add these 2 appointments to my calendar so that I don't end up rescheduling a lesson at that time or something if one of my students calls to change…

47 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Allow students to use their make-up credits when booking online

My students never know how many make-up credits they have on file as they cannot view it online. So when booking a lesson online I don't know if they are wanting to use a make-up credit, or book a new paid lesson. So I have to do a lot of cross referencing and updating to set everything up properly. I wish my students could see their credits and attach them to the lessons they are registering for to use them.

23 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! We’ve started working on this feature, and in one of our next major updates your students will be able to use their make-up credits when booking a lesson online. Thanks for your feedback to help make Music Teacher’s Helper even better.

• Allow setting a default lesson cost for all new students

I wish I could set a default lesson cost for all future students, so that when I am adding a new student, the Lesson Cost would default to that amount, instead of 0.00. I charge all my students the same amount per lesson, so it would be nice if I didn't have to keep changing it from zero for every new student.

4 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! We’ve been working on this feature and hope to release it in September, 2016 along with several other updates to the student and area and settings. Thank you for your input to help make MTH great.

← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base