I suggest you ...

Be able to set start and end dates for flat monthly lesson fees. For example: September to June

When billing lessons by a monthly rate, it would be nice to select a date range from Sept to June for example so that the billing doesn't continue in the summer when most students aren't coming. This would save lots of time from manually adjusting each student's profile just for 2 months then having to reset everything again.

151 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Cheryl Dickson NealCheryl Dickson Neal shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    started  ·  BrandonAdminBrandon (Admin, Music Teacher's Helper) responded  · 

This feature is now under development! We’re releasing a preliminary version of it along with our updated Rate system, but you’ll see a lot more flexibility when we release our new invoicing system, which is now in the works. The new system will give you more control over which dates your students are billed, and what those bills include, whether you choose to bill manually or automatically. Those who charge by semester will love what’s coming!

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andrew IngkavetAndrew Ingkavet commented  · 

Eagerly awaiting this Brandon! Great to hear it's underway.

• Wendy MoyerWendy Moyer commented  · 

I would like to be able to set monthly payment amounts for specific months - for example, a student would be billed the same amount for September through June (but not in July or August). Right now I have to go in and delete these charges for each individual student when they show up in those summer months, and with over 60 students this is very time consuming! If a start and stop date could be added to the fixed amount fee it would be a big help. It said that this was being planned, but the date on that suggestion was back in September of 2014 (almost two years ago).

• RonnieAdminRonnie (Admin, Music Teacher's Helper) commented  · 

Wendy, we plan on releasing the new MTH later this year, which will include many new features. If I find out any additional information, I will comment here. Thanks!

• Wendy MoyerWendy Moyer commented  · 

Am curious as to when this is going to happen.....I thought it would be in the most recent update but I haven't seen it yet. I just had to manually reset all my monthly fees one by one and will have to redo it again after the summer. Is there a date for which we can look for this change? It has been almost 9 months since the last response to this.......

• Jia-Min RosendaleJia-Min Rosendale commented  · 

It's so annoying to be planning ahead, and then having to delete all of the automatic charges, or going in and deleting the flat fee info.

• Jill FontenotJill Fontenot commented  · 

I am also interested in variable term fees for my studio. I charge my students in six weeks terms. I have a total of 6 terms per year. This billing is given to the student at the beginning of the term and due within two weeks.

• Robyn WorthRobyn Worth commented  · 

A flexible option for setting term dates when fees are charged by the term or semester for automatic invoicing

• Ruth  MichaelisRuth Michaelis commented  · 

Thank God I was just about to switch to a different system because of this failing. I hate having to go back and delete auto fees one by one. I thought I solved it by having an end date to their lessons in June, but as usual July got charged. ARRRGGHHHHH

• Trevor DaviesTrevor Davies commented  · 

Yes, this is good idea. I give it trois points (that's a Eurovision Song contest Reference by the way)

• Aaron DoerrAaron Doerr commented  · 

This is sad that it's been almost two years and 36 votes and still nothing?

• Aaron DoerrAaron Doerr commented  · 

This would be amazing - have it keep track of how many lessons are in their "pay-cycle" or semester or session or whatever.
        Some of my students pay weekly, some pay monthly, and some pay in three-monthers. To have it keep track like 7/13 to mean 7th lesson out of 13 paid for would save me hours.

• Ellen JohansenEllen Johansen commented  · 

How about a way to have the program automatically bill when the student gets to 0. That would work for me. Or better yet, a billing notice pops up when they are within one week of the end of their billing period.

• AlainaAlaina commented  · 

I know that it is already possible to use Music Teacher's Helper if you charge by semester, but it is very time intensive. When entering lesson cost, it would be very nice to have more flexibility. For example, I'd like to be able to enter:

Flat fee of $____, recurs automatically on the 1st of September & January

• Laine BryceLaine Bryce commented  · 

I run 8 week sessions and would love to have some of these suggestions available to me. Sometimes I have a vacation week, so it's not always 8 calendar weeks, either.

• Robert EllisRobert Ellis commented  · 

Good idea. My lessons from Sept-May are due in 10 monthly tuition payments. then the summer (June-July) is one fee. then vacation for almost 2 months.

• Nicole BallingerNicole Ballinger commented  · 

I would greatly appreciate this as well. I have a multitude of mistakes with the automatic billing... so I've just disabled it out of frustration. Would be nice to have a multiple way to bill students as well- such as weekly or semi-monthly -- and make that part of the automatic invoicing. It seems there's only one way to send automatic invoicing for everyone-- which- ideally is what I would like. However, due to economic difficulties-- everyone has a different need for paying tuition.

• BrandonAdminBrandon (Admin, Music Teacher's Helper) commented  · 

Music Teacher's Helper does handle semester-based billing - the steps you mentioned just can't all be done from one screen. For example, in the student's profile, you could set the student's Lesson Cost to $0, and add the semester fee manually from the Billing -> Fees page. Then create the lessons on the calendar.

Feedback and Knowledge Base