I suggest you ...

Allow me to schedule a range of time on the calendar where students can select a lesson time in within that block

My student lessons vary in length- either 30, 45 or 60 minutes. I would like a way to have an open period of time, say 1pm to 4pm, and allow students to pick a lesson time that suits their need within that time range. Once a time has been chosen, it will not be available to another student.

74 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jennifer RothsteinJennifer Rothstein shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    started  ·  BrandonAdminBrandon (Admin, Music Teacher's Helper) responded  · 

Good news, everyone! We’ve figured out a way to schedule a block of time for student registrations, along with some other neat tools that will make scheduling SO much easier for you and your students, whether at the beginning of the year, or any time in between! We’ll be releasing these all together in an update shortly. Thank you for your great feedback! It helps us serve you better.

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Caroline JenningsCaroline Jennings commented  · 

Thank you for hearing us and trying to make this happen! I can't wait to see this feature. I appreciate being heard and seeing music teachers helper being improved for our needs!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Would it be possible to have them write a note within the block for the times they're available within the block? Example: I make a block from 1-4pm and they can select it and make a note saying they're available from 1-2 or 3-4pm. That would be SO helpful for planning my summer students!

I do like Ms Jean's idea. But, I am not sure I will be able to convince my parents that this is good. If they have 45 minute lessons that would mean they have to sign up for three events each time. How annoying on their part! That seems too time consuming for my parents. That is not a good example of technology making life easier. I was really hoping for this feature to be ready for summer lessons this summer.

• BarbBarb commented  · 

Hi Ronnie,
        It can't be done the way Jennifer proposed, with the student lesson length varying. If all students had the same lesson length it wouldn't be an issue.

• Aimee BriantAimee Briant commented  · 

This is probably the most important suggestion to me so far. It is currently so labor-intensive to set up and maintain my summer schedule online because of the different length lessons. Allowing students to choose their lesson length (or use a designated lesson length indicated in each students' information) would make summer scheduling much easier and, as advertised, save time on all of the bookkeeping.

Yes, I do know this is already possible except for one thing. I have some students who take 30 min lessons, others who take 45 min lessons, and 60 min. Currently I create all 30 minute slots, which is very laborious for say a 4 hr time period, but then I have to go back and adjust each individual event if a 45 minute student signs up for a 30 minute slot. It would be much nicer, if students could indicate themselves what time slot they really need.

• Heather KornHeather Korn commented  · 

You can already do this by creating a calendar event called "OPENING". When you want to allow students to register for a lesson you post the OPENING slot on your schedule. Students see the openings in the schedule and register for the ones they want. You get an email saying they have booked an opening. Allow only 1 student to register for each spot. This is how my entire studio schedules their lessons.

• BarbBarb commented  · 

That would be ideal. The way I deal with this currently (I use it for make-up days) is by creating an event open to a certain number of students for the period of time I'm available. They request a time and if it works I book an individual lesson (using make-up credits). It does make for extra steps, though, and for a while, two events which are really one (closer to the day I delete the original open event).

• Anonymous commented  · 

Is this for during the school year, or in the Summer? Does this give us the option of changing our Fall lesson time?

Feedback and Knowledge Base