As a Music Teacher’s Helper user, you can bill and charge your families automatically each month for whatever amount they owe. Once you enable this feature, and the student/parent has entered their credit card information, you can set up the recurring billing option for that student, and never have to chase after money again! Your students will also save time in making payments to you, as it will be automated each month.
The new recurring billing feature is only available through Stripe. You can create a free Stripe account here if you don’t already have one.
The steps below will show you how to set everything up.
- Create a Stripe Account so you can accept payments through Stripe
- Enable Credit Card Payments in Settings
- Ask your students to set up their credit card info in their profile. Here's a sample template with instructions for them.
- Set up invoices that will be automatically billed. NOTE: Please make sure you are using invoicing 2.0. This is not available in 1.0.
This screenshot shows you how to enable credit card payments on your account:
- Click “Settings” under your profile in Upper Right Corner
- Scroll to the bottom of the “Studio Settings” tab
- Enable “Stripe” by checking the box
- Enter the “Live Secret Key” and “Live Publishable Key” from your Stripe Account
- Save your changes
When parents login to their account, they can set up the recurring billing subscription by entering their credit card information under Settings -> Billing Information, as shown below.
Make sure you have chosen invoicing 2.0 and use the custom invoice. This screenshot shows you how to set up invoices to be automatically billed. If your parents have enabled auto billing by entering their credit card information in their settings under the “Billing Information” tab (shown in above screenshot) in their profile, their name will show in the list for “Select Families” when creating an invoice:
1. Use Custom invoice
2) Scroll to the bottom of the page and select "use subscription for payment".
3) Scroll back to the top and only those families who have entered their credit card information will be listed for families to select.
4) Fill out the fields listed
5) At the bottom select schedule this invoice
6) You can choose month or weeks for the scheduled invoice to run. Choose a number and choose month or weeks.
7) Check the box for email to families if that is your choice.
Now, when you go to invoices and down to scheduled invoices your list of scheduled invoices will be showing.
If you want your students to receive an email receipt from Stripe each time a payment is made, you can set that up by following these directions provided by Stripe.